Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Mid-Life Crisis

I guess everyone goes through some sort of mid-life crisis. Some think they must impress others to show they are still good looking. Some buy things to make up for their insecurities. I just think it's a good time to take inventory. Have I done everything I thought I would? Have I gone everywhere I thought I would? Am I the person I thought I would be? Why not? What can I still do? Can I make a difference?
We all want to feel worthy. When we get to this mid-way point, it's humbling. I know everyone will get there. You think about it all. My job, my family, my loves, my worth. Have I made an influence? Can I die today and feel whole? I guess that's why people go off the deep end. I don't blame them, I just pity them. Our hormones will take us too where we do not want to be. I am so lucky to be with Jeanne. She is where I want to be. She feels the same. It only took 3 strikes but I won!. I know if you keep looking, you will finally find the prize. It still takes work. I am not going to take this for granted. I know my mid-life is making me restless. I don't know if I'm worth a damn sometimes. I do know that my family loves me! That's a good feeling. If I die today, I know I'm in a good place. I have a wife that loves me and I her. I have children that love me and I them. I know that I need to do more in my life. I am restless! I can do more! I don't want to be happy and content. I want to give it all. I will be a better person. I will see more of the world. I will do the things I aspired too when I was young. There are no limits! I will succeed!
Don't ever give up. Always give thanks for what you have. Appreciate everyone in your life that you care about. Love life!

No comments:

Post a Comment