Thursday, September 23, 2010

Strickly For The Kids

Hey, why are you reading this? Are you my children? Do you want to know more about what it's like to be a dad in limbo? Read on!
I guess there are some bad fathers out there. I know I've known my share. But I think we have evolved. Maybe it's society or the media or just maybe it's a sense that we need to be better fathers. I know I've learned from my mistakes. I was often very hard on my kids. I thought it would make them productive. It did but it also seperated us. It made it harder. I don't think you should be your child's friend, but you should be their confidant. You need to listen. I didn't always listen. In my scheme of things, I was the boss. That was it. I was wrong. Kids will grow and mature at their own rate. They will take your example and make it work for them. I love my children with all my heart and would do anything for them. They are my life. If I have any purpose on this planet, I hope its to raise my children to be an inspiration to others. They are wonderful! I am so proud of each and every one of them. They all are unique. I wouldn't have it any other way. If I have learned anything, it is this. Love your children and always be there for them. Don't judge, just guide. Keep them safe. Die for them. Be the man you aspire too. Don't let them down. Be honest and let them know you aren't perfect. Life is hard. I think I did my best at the time. But I know I can do better. I will never give up. I will never let my children down. What ever it takes, that is where I will be. Are you a good father? Are you the man you aspire too be? Can you do more? Do it! Now! Don't wait. Be strong, Man up! Grow up!
Stop being a kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment